MOVEMBER UPDATE: WEEK 4
Posted on November 24, 2012 by Derek Kwait
SOME MOVEMBER FACTS:
- Evidence suggests that about a third of the 571,950 cancer deaths expected to occur this year will be related to obesity, physical inactivity and poor nutrition, and thus could be prevented.
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- In 2012, 242,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed and more than 28,000 men will die of prostate cancer.
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in American males between the ages of 15 and 35.
- 8,590 men will be diagnosed with the disease in 2012 and 360 will die.
- Approximately 76.4 million men and women in the US have high blood pressure- 1 in 5 do not know it.
- Researchers estimate that at least 6 million men in the United States suffer from a depressive disorder every year.
- 24% of men are less likely to go to the doctor compared to women.
ALL THE MORE REASON TO CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE CAUSE!!
My current ‘stache ranks somewhere between Mr. Feeny and the Biker from the Village People: