Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Posted on March 13, 2014 by Hannah Joy
- Two cans of tomato sauce with mushrooms (Rokeach is good)
- Two cans full of water
- Lemon (¼ a cup of lemon juice, or about 1/2 a lemon)
- Sugar: 2 heaping tablespoons (use equal amounts of lemon & sugar – technically the recipe calls for ½ cup of each, but we use ¼ cup of each)
- 2 packages of extra lean beef (~1 lb each)
- 1 egg
- Marinara sauce
- Matzah meal
- Parsley flakes
- Prepare sauce in big pot: 2 cans of tomato sauce, water, sugar, lemon, ½ an onion in chunks. Turn on flame, wait for boil.
- Prepare meatballs: mush together meat and egg. Sprinkle in generous amount of matzah meal, parsley flakes, a little onion chopped up, a big spoonful of marinara sauce. Mix together. Roll into small balls (about ping pong ball sized).
- Put meatballs in pot when sauce boils. Boil for 10 minutes. Lower flame and cook for 1 hour.
(Makes about 40 meatballs)