Posted on June 2, 2014 by Hannah Joy
Tags: personal growth / transformation
From my blog:
- You don’t know it all. But nobody does, so don’t sweat it. (But do keep learning!)
- Sometimes the scenic route is the best, in Talmud and in life.
- The person in front of you is the most important person in the world.
- Labels are for jars.
- My pshat is your drash, and my drash is your pshat.
- Pause and notice the world around you. It’s unbelievable what we miss when we’re not looking.
- Ask questions. Lo ha’baishan lomed (“The shy one cannot learn”).
- Learn everything in its context. There are at least two sides to every story.
- Breathe. It can put everything into perspective.
- People will often surprise you.
- If you don’t push, you’re not getting on the bus. Or anything at the shuk.
- Go with the flow. Yihiyeh beseder 🙂